Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Trip in Review (Two Thumbs Up)

And the winners are.......

Best place visited in England:

York. Loved it. Had a whole week there and it wasnt enough. Quieter and less polluted than the midlands and further south. Nice accents too.

Best place visited in Scotland:

I don't think i can single out a place so Ill choose (hey, its my competetition I can do what I want) an area. Inverness - Oban via the southern side side of Loch Ness. The most breathtaking scenery I have seen the whole trip. Lots of animals and the highlands in spring, cant beat it.

Best Place visited in France:

This is a tough one, but I think Ill have to go with the little market street in Les Halles, Paris that I visited each day. The most wonderful pastries, ham, cheese and wine. Really friendly people and beautiful to top it off.

Best place visited in Ireland:

Kilkenny. Heaps of fun, actually got to see the place a bit and got a tattoo to top the night off.

And the winner of best place visited overall (comedy or musical) is....

Scotland. Sorry, cant narrow it down further than that. It was fantastic, had the car, spring time, really friendly people. So much more pristine and less crowded than England.

Worst place visited:

Montebaun. See previos post about train trip from Bordeaux - Cahors. I still dont want to think about it.

No comments: