Last day in York today, we ship out tomorrow. The mother and I started with the Yorkshire museum which focuses on roman - 1500's (as you do). Beautiful location and they did it fairly well, but you can tell they are a poorer cousin of the castle museum. Played with some squirrels in the gardens (I really think we have come here at the best time of year. It's like Floriade everyday.
Went to the Castle Museum this arvo which is a definite highlight of the trip so far. It looks at the social history mainly since 1500's. (I'd have to consult the illustrated guide to be more descriptive).
They must have a huge budget in comparison and I could have spent quite a few more hours in there but we have to go back to the cottage now and get the gma and head over to Scarborough for some fish and chips. We'll do the Bronte parsonage in the moring on the way up to Edinburgh. It's a long weekend here this weekend and I'm hoping most of the traffic will be gone from Edinburgh by the time we get there.
I am starting to get very used to the Jag, especially the heated seats. It's like driving with an electric blanket on your seat - hard to stay awake at the end of a day driving.
I'm getting a little savvy with the links now, so here is Beninborough Hall just outside our village which we went to the other day.
My stomach is grumbling and the fish and chips await. I won't post again till Edinburgh, maybe Sunday but probably Monday and I'll try and load some pictures up. Ciao for now.
Friday, April 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment