Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Trafalger Square today

http://www.imagebarrel.com/myimage.php?img=05/108/19/VandGtrafalgar.jpg

Last image for this session. This is Grandma and I out the front of the National Gallery with Trafalger Square in the background. After mum and I went to the V and A today, we all went to the Mouse Trap another must do that was on the gma's list. It's about $75 a ticket and to be honest came across as old as it's 53 years (I'm starting to sound like a particular Riverina arts critic) I kept looking at the theatre and set thinking 'there's about 600 people a day coming through paying $75 a ticket and this is the best you can do?'

Horrible I know but my back was aching from the 53 year old seats. The big up on the whole thing though was that with the miracle walking stick attached to the gma we were moved from the stalls to box seats - gma blushed, the mother burst into tears.

It was good to see it though, but recommend to others to go and see one of the flash plays. Coming up to the theatre in the cab there looked like some fantastic plays were going on all around.

Update on the Mrs O'Keefe's Famous Sausages. I went in to get some early this morning, very excited about talking sausages with the butcher. He was a right royal bastard, I was really dissapointed with him and thought that maybe the sausages were famous because he is such a prick (apologies for the language, but I feel its necessary). His sausages and bacon though were beautiful. I got some Prince of Wales sausages with leek and black pepper- no jokes about prince albert sausages please. The bacon was like nothing I've ever tasted, it looked more like thick pancetta.

Tomorrow is our last full day in London and I've got heaps to try and fit in. Top priority is to go back to Godiva chocolates for Tim and Alison, British Museum and finish up at the Public Records office (Gma with the family history thing) and hopefully Kew Gardens.

We leave London on Thursday morning - picked up by 'our driver' ( I have a whole series of jokes that include the phrase 'our driver' which I'm sure I'll inflict on everyone) and off to Cambridge where we'll stay the night and then pick up the hire car and drive to Kegsworth (visit Pemberley) then on to York for a week.

Last note about yesterday, after the quintessential English afternoon tea at the Ritz I had a curry and lager for dinner, I think I'm absorbing the culture on all levels.

No comments: