Bonjour! Bonjour! I am finally here struggling with a dodgy french keyboard and letters all over the shop so please excuse the spelling and grammer. Last Friday, instead of taking a tour on Mull I took the car over on a ferry instead, more of those lovely windy roads Ive grown to love but fantastic scenery and it really is worth just stopping when and where you like.
Saturday was the big day I wasnt looking forward to at all. I had to drive from Oban as far south as I could, stay the night somewhere and be in Cambridge by 9am the next morning. We didnt even get out of Oban until &à am so I wasnt looking forward to the drive at all.
It all went well though and I used a few tips Id picked up in York and drove the whole way to Cambridge including a quick little visit through the heart of Glasgow as I hadnt been there before. Sunday sucked though and we spent the whole day at Heathrow and Chqrles de Gaulle for a forty minute flight. First night in Paris and I flaked.
Took it easy yesty and strolled around the neighbourhood. We are in a fanastic location with the louvre 2 blocks on the right, the Pompidou two blocks on the left? the seine two blocks straight ahead and the sex shops two blocks behind. Location, location.
Heading to the louvre today, Giverny (monèts garden) probably tomorro; and Museè Dorsày and some general exploring on Thursday and friday. I dot want to do too many touristy things but just wander around find things by chance, much more fun. It has been quite interesting already with alot of poverty, lots of homeless under the ponts along the seine and I saw seven gypsy girls, one of whom was heavily pregnant) get arrested on my xay into the internet cafe.
On the postive side though we have heaps of amazing stores around, chacouteries, chocolatiers etc tres yummy.
The French has been ok. My vocabulary is a bit more limited than last time but Im getting by.
Pastries to eat, wine to drink, people to watch, Au Revoir
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment