Cahors, Cahors, what a wonderful town...
Apologies, Im slightly seedy today and my humour has descended slightly. Had a couple of wines with lunch yesty then a couple of beers in the afternoon then a few more wines with dinner, then cracked open a couple of bottles of Sauternes back at the hotel with the gma for an impromptu farewell party for me. Woke up feeling a litle under the weather and with a big cut on my thumb from the metal capsule on the wine. Realised I had enough to drink last night when the second bottle of Sauternes was corked and I just held my breath when I had a sip.
Read my French stars this morning in the paper and they said I would have skin problems today (insert twilight zone music because of my cut thumb)
Was going to do the tourist thing today and take a tour around the town but think I might be lazy and partake in my regular routine of grazing all day. Just spoke to Simon on the phone and explained that I dont have 3 meals a day but rather 1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast, little lunch, big lunch etc etc. Today is my last day in Cahors, Im off to Toulouse on the train (thats if I dont miss it) for the night then on Thursday is the really big day where i fly from Toulouse to Paris, Paris to London, London to Dublin then start the final leg of the trip, the Contiki tour.
There is heaps of beautiful 14th century buildings around town and I realised I am definitely in the south of France when I read all about the bullfighting on the weekend in the sports section of the local paper. The hotel we are staying in is a refurbished old bell tower, I have no idea how old, I think around 17th century and my room has thses wonderful old shutters, I wake up in the morning and have no idea as to wether it is 2 am or 10 am because its so dark with the shutters, ummm shut.
Well, 2nd breakfast is beckoning. Ill probably post from Toulouse if I make it there.
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment