Friday, May 06, 2005

Oban

Alrighty - where to begin. It was an amazing day yesterday. We drove from Inverness down Loch Ness and across to the other side to Oban. It was the most amazing drive ever. We decided to drive the south side of the Loch, less popular because of the road conditions (mainly one lane only with passing spots) but alot more picturesque and not a winnebago in sight.

I've found the nature the most impressive part of the trip rather than the heritage or the shopping etc. Loch Ness is a truly amazing part of the world. It would be nice if they buggered off all the crap about the monster though. Got some fantastic photos and the whole trip yesterday was amazing, not just the Loch.

We arrived in Oban last night and the mother and I went down to the bay and got some scallops for dinner. Never actually had them before but seeing as they were around an hour out of the ocean I thought there was no time like the present. The guy selling them offered to marry me and let me work with him for the season coming up and I said it depended how good the scallops were.

I have to be quick as we are about to take the car over on the ferry to Mull for the day. Good chocolate shop in Tobermoray I'm told by both foks at home and the locals here so its a must.

We are staying on a gorgeous farm a few miles out of town full of lots of fluffy sheep. Lots more to tell but no time. Will write again from Paris.

No comments: